Antalieptės water mill
antalieptsmalnas425456.jpgantalieptsmalnas2176658.jpgantalieptsmalnas3912882.jpg
D.Andriuškevičiūtė
D.Andriuškevičiūtė
D.Andriuškevičiūtė
antalieptsmalnas425456.jpgantalieptsmalnas2176658.jpgantalieptsmalnas3912882.jpg

Antalieptė watermill was built in a neo-romantic style from broken and round rocks, red bricks and lime imitating peasant cottage architecture in 1855. Rectangular single-storey building was equipped with three sets of millstones and power plant, which supplied electricity for residents and institutions of the town. 1959-1966 the mill was electrified. The dam was later disassembled and the channel through which water of River Šventoji flowed rotating a turbine of the mill, was filled with soil. The watermill was transferred to the State Art Institute about 1967. After Lithuania got independence the watermill was declared a protected cultural property. 

Contacts:

Address: Maluno street 5, Antalepte
GPS: 55.657741, 25.868574
Other information:

District, With children
© 2014-2015 VisitZarasai. All rights reserved
solution webmod: Web pages creation