Monuments, sculptures, stones
Obelisk to commemorate Saint Petersburg - Warsaw tract
Cast iron obelisk was built in the memory of building St. Petersburg-Warsaw road in 1845. The cast iron memorial was 11,1 meters high, with massive coat of arms of Russian Empire and the inscription „Povelenijem gosudaria imperatora Nikolaja I sooružena nasipnaja doroga ot Kovno do Dinaburga. 193 versti. 1836 g.“ Author – Petr Šteinkeller. During the time of First Independent
The Monument of Independence in Zarasai
The obelisk was erected by the Pavasarininkai in 1924 to commemorate the volunteer soldiers who died for Lithuanian independence (1919-1920 m. Struggles for independence) The five-meter tall obelisk built of stone stands in Zarasai Catholic Cemetery on Turmantas street. The cross is erected on the top of it, another wooden cross is places in the wall niche, behind the glass.  
Monument ,,Elniažuvė“
It is a memorial for Zarasai city 500 year anniversary. The monument was unveiled on 13th August 2006. Author - a sculptor, member of Lithuanian Artists' Association Henrikas Orakauskas. Sculpture symbolizes a coat of arms of Zarasai town and particularly depicts its natural resources.
The stone of Napoleon
Near the burial mounds of Salakas at the left side of the road lies a stone with signs - Napoleon Stone. Legend tells us that during Napoleon march to Moscow he ate lunch on this stone and in memory of it he ordered to carve on it a bowl and eating utensils. In fact, Napoleon had never been in these places, and this legend is just a nice story. The stone is made of gray-pink granite and is 120x
Independence Monument in Salakas
It was built and unveiled on 28th of September 1930 to commemorate the 500 th anniversary of the death of Lithuanian Grand Duke Vytautas. Sculptor -  Mordechai Farbmann, he was assisted by Petras Jasinavičius, Mykolas Traigys and other residents of Salakas. The height of the podium and memorial - 5.31 m. In the north, south and west side of the podium there are stairs, there are colum
Dusetos Sculpture Park
Sculpture Park was established in summer of 2008. The park is famous not only for it authors, but also for the oak, that grows there, planted by the Lithuanian President Valdas Adamkus during his visit.
Stone of the Plains
The Stone of the Plains is hiding in the woods near the Stelmužė manor site. Its length - 18m, and it is believed that it can be even larger than Puntukas, because the biggest part of it lays under ground, and the stone is not yet explored by archaeologists. The stone surface is very large. It is said, that the hunters used to gather here to discuss their affairs. It has its own legend. According
The birthplace of a composer Juozas Gruodis
In the Rokėnų village (Antazavė elderate) an erected sculptural pole with an arrow is pointing to the birthplace of Juozas Gruodis - a composer, teacher, conductor, public music figure. There on 13th of November 1966 a memorial stone was unveiled (author - L. Žuklys). It has a bas-relief with the image of the composer and inscription "Here, in the former homestead, on 20th of December 1884 th
Domininkas Bukontas Monument
After the death of D. Bukontas (1873-1919) an effort has been made by the close people to form the society of his revival. In 1939 on behalf of this society Juozas Žagrakalis published a study "Dr. Domininkas Bukontas" (one copy is stored in Zarasai public library). The funds were raised to build a monument according to the project prepared by sculptor Vincas Grybas. But, Soviet occupati
Monument in remembrance of Dusetos synagogue
Open in summer of 2016, momument is dedicated in the memory of synagogue, which was standing here since 18th century. Allegedly, synagogue burned down during fire of 1910. Author of the monument - Romualdas Pučekas.   
© 2014-2020 VisitZarasai. All rights reserved
solution webmod: Web pages creation